Sri Lanka is quickly becoming a popular destination for tourists of all kinds. Budget backpackers, families and luxury groups are finding this island an absolute delight with a wealth of history, culture and pure natural beauty, there is nothing to dislike.
It is surrounded by the warm turquoise waters of the Bay of Bengal and the Arabian Sea. But Sri Lanka has more than great beaches, relaxation and incredible oceans. Here are 10 attractions and activities to put onto your Sri Lanka bucket list.
1. Safari Trip in Yala National Park
2. Temple raiding in Polonnaruwa
3. Pinnawala Elephant Orphange
4. Boogie Boarding in Mirissa
5. Adams Peak
6. Climb to Sigiriya and experience an ancient palace
7. Examine and delve in to the fort of Galle
colonial buildings and a fort, markets along the sea front