If you are planning a trip to New York, fondly called the Big Apple, you expect to do as many exciting things as possible to enjoy every minute of your stay. There are five boroughs in New York City with lots of attractions to suit your interests. Holidays to New York offer much in the way of arts and culture, fine dining, shopping and sightseeing. If you want to make the most of your visit, here are the top 7 things to see and do in New York.
7 Things to see and do on your Holidays to New York
- You must start with a full day’s tour of the city. Washington Square Park is a sight to behold with many of typical New York characters to be seen. The West Village past 7th Avenue has a fascinating plethora of boutiques and cafes distinctly New York. You can walk through Soho and Little Italy to get to the Bowery at the mouth of the Manhattan Bridge and see the incredible sights. The Liberty Statue in Battery Park, Empire State Building, Times Square and Rockefeller Centre are a must-see.
- Shopping trips to New York is also fun as you can find all of the biggest names in fashion right here. Fifth Avenue is New York’s centre for elegance where you can shop at the famous Saks Fifth Avenue and chic Bergdorf Goodman. You shouldn’t miss Tiffany’s, DeBeers, Van Cleef & Arpels, Harry Winston and other famous retailers like Prada and Gucci. Over at Madison Avenue, you will find similarly famous shops like Giorgio Armani, Calvin Klein and Hermes. A sprinkling of quaint outdoor cafes spruce up the shopping district where dining with celebrities is a distinct possibility.
- Art and Culture If you love art and culture, you should not miss the Museum of Modern Art which is home to more than 100,000 paintings, sculptures, prints and photographs. The Guggenheim Museum houses many fine 20th century art works by Chagall, Degas and Picasso, among others. The Metropolitan Museum of Art is a New York City must see with more than 2 Million works of art from ancient to modern times.
- Dining New York is also home to the finest culinary delights in the world. Whether you want to dine casually or partake of gourmet gastronomic delights, there are many choices of restaurants from gourmet burgers, deep-dish pizzas to impeccable French or Italian cuisine. Holidays to New York won’t be complete without a visit to famous Serendipity 3 Restaurant from the popular American movie of the same name or iconic Central Park Boathouse Cafe overlooking Central Park.
- Empire State Building – Take a New York Sky ride located in the Empire State Building. This is the only virtual aerial simulator to give you the best introduction to this vibrant city using IMAX technology and high definition digital technology.
- Theatres Holidays to New York must include a visit to famous Broadway. You should check to see what Broadway shows are on to experience for yourself the magic of a New York Broadway play.
- Night Life After you have had fun walking around and shopping all day, experience the city’s pulsating nightlife where bars are open until 4 am. Taste an authentic Manhattan cocktail where it was invented. Shopping trips to New York can be so much more in this city that never sleeps.